Learning to Love Liability Waivers



When signing up for the rafting/canyoning trip in Nepal today I signed a liability waiver that stated the following:

"I recognize that I am undertaking a journey that contains a significant element of personal risk, and that risk does sometimes become a reality. I acknowledge the relative remoteness, the rough traveling and weather conditions, and the limited and relatively primitive medical and other services available, as well as the greater potential dangers compared with my usual daily life. Not only do I accept these realities, I have chosen to seek them out."

I have two responses,
1) This sounds like more of a spiritual affirmation than a liability waiver and,
2) They clearly don't know anything about my "usual daily life."

Comments

Popular Posts